Sunday, August 17, 2008

Beads, Beads, and More Beads

My friend, Susan, and I have been dabbling in beading (we're not bad at it and may, if we have the time, actually make some money at it!). She was wanting some silver wire to make some bracelets and hadn't been able to find it, so we went to a "Bead Show" in San Antonio on Saturday, August 16.

Three observations of the "Bead Show":
  1. I had NO idea of the number of beads that could be in one place -- it was a space of 10,000ish square feet and it had beads of porcelain, metals, woods, glass, crystals, gems of every size, color, shape, and style imaginable. Thankfully, both of us were so overwhelmed that we weren't tempted to buy!
  2. I had NO idea of the number of people who were interested in beading and would attend a "Bead Show"! We were there fairly early in the day and the place was PACKED!
  3. I had NO idea how many men would attend a "Bead Show" -- I'm estimating that 1/3 of the folks there were male.
Susan got exactly what she went for (and at a price far less than she expected to spend) but it was WAY too many beads for us to look at!

No comments: